Saturday, September 10, 2011

How can I get my usb mouse to be recognized by dell computers?

Every so often people bring me their Dell computers to fix but the computer only has usb ports and no ps/2 ports, and it will only automatically detect dell usb keyboards and mice. I try five different non-Dell mice on them and none will work. Hook up the customer's Dell mouse and it works right away. What do I do? Should I just order a Dell usb mouse and be done with it?|||Dell does not restrict what mouse or keyboard you can use. Any mouse or keyboard, as long as its USB, should work fine. They are not like Apple, where they restrict what you can plug in.





If you are trying older PS/2 mice hooked to a USB port via a USB to PS/2 adapter, that will not work with just any PS/2 mouse. The mouse has to be specifically manufactured to be able to use the PS/2 *or* USB connection. You can't just plug any old PS/2 mouse into a USB to PS/2 adapter and expect it to work on a USB-only computer. Buy a genuine USB mouse and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment