Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do restore my Dell that runs on Windows ME back to factory settings?

I have a Dell computer that I got a few years ago from someone used and I need to restore it to factory settings. It is a Windows ME and I don't know how to find out anything else about it. If anyone could help that would be extremely appreciated.|||Unfortunately if the system has Windows ME it does not have a built-in factory restore. To reinstall the OS you will need the disks that came with the computer.





If you have the disks for your system here is a link that explains how to perform the reinstall: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g鈥?/a>





Since I am not sure what system you have you will want to get updated drivers for your system here: http://support.dell.com/





When you reinstall an OS make sure to have everything backed up to another drive or disk (any information that is not backed up will be lost). Please note the guide provided is basic (not exact to your system since I do not have the system model) and you will want to make sure that you have the proper drivers on a disk or USB key before doing the OS reinstall. Also any programs you have on the system will need to be reinstalled (Dell programs, your programs etc). Make sure you have the disks for the programs you want to install.





This is a bit more involved process than some of the new Dell computers have, but it can be done and will fix any software problems you are having.





I hope this helps.|||with windows me, i would go on ebay and either buy a copy of windows xp if it can run it, or windows 98se, because windows ME has been said many times to be the worst OS ever.|||Thats older than windows 98', get a new laptop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment