Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How can I change from wired internet to wireless on a Dell Inspiron?

When I first got my Dell Inspiron (running Windows 7), I was automatically able to connect to wireless connections. After having my (wired, no router) cable internet set up, I'm no longer able to do this. I made sure my adapter was enabled. I'm leaving town soon, and I want to make sure I have access to internet on this computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!|||Go to Settings, Control Panel, and click on Device Manager (you need to be in icon mode not list mode (upper right hand corner of Control Panel)). Under Device Manager, look for Network Adapters. Then right mouse click on each one and select Enable. Then, select Update Driver Software also under right mouse click. This should resolve your problem. If it doesn't, go to Settings, Control Panel, and click on Network and Sharing Center and click on Set Up A New Connection or Network and manually try adding the network and see if it works.|||First you must have internet already.


The Modem provides a type of internet. An Internet subscription costs a certain amount of money each month.


Second, you have to go to a store to get a router


A router is the thing that makes the internet wireless. And don't worry if you already have a PC that isn't wireless.


The router should come with a cord that will connect it to the internet.


If it doesn't,


go to Settings-%26gt;Control Panel-%26gt;click on Network-%26gt;Sharing Center-%26gt;click on Set Up


A New Connection or Network%26amp;manually try adding the network..............

No comments:

Post a Comment