Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you remove padlock icon from dell monitor?

I have tried the Dell forum and tried the solutions but none of them work, the menu that comes up I can't access and Dell support want 拢19 to fix a problem according to their website. If this is just a dell problem they must have put it there and I I don't see why they must be paid for something that's their fault. Does anyone have the same problem and please tell me what to do to get rid of it. Thanks.|||I have seen this from time to time on customer's monitors, and the standard method for unlocking it is to hold the monitor's Menu button down for 10-15 seconds. However, I have found that this doesn't always work, at least right away. I have spent several minutes performing that step over %26amp; over while trying different methods like powering the monitor off then on first, while the padlock is on screen first and with the padlock off the screen first, etc. Then at some point, all of a sudden it works. Yes, it is very frustrating, but with a little persistence, I've always managed to get it to turn off.





Some other methods I've seen mentioned, which you may have tried, are button combinations of the Power %26amp; +, Menu %26amp; -, etc. You're welcome to try any combination you like, but the one that worked for me was simply the Menu button for about 15 seconds after repeated attempts.





Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment