Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do i connect my dell Laptop to my wireless printer?

I have a dell laptop and a dell Pinter. The Printer is hooked up to my dell desktop. Im trying to be able to print from my laptop to the printer wirelessly without having to print on my desktop anymore. When i search for the printer on my laptop, it never comes up. And yes i have a wirelss router. SO how to i print from my laptop to my printer without any cords?|||Well, is the printer a true wireless printer, or is it connected to the router wirelessly or through network cable, or is it attached to your other computer which is then connected to the router? It makes a difference on how to advise you.





If you can provide more details, I can provide a more detailed answer for the setup you have.





If the printer is attached to the desktop computer which is then attached to the router, you need to setup printer sharing on the desktop and install the necessary printer driver on the laptop, then do some procedures to connect the two together through the router, but your desktop needs to be on all the time in order to print.





If the printer is wireless and connected to the router wirelessly, you also need to install the correct printer drivers on your laptop and install the printer, and then setup the printer connection through the router from there.





Again, I'd need more details on how you're currently setup and exactly how you'd like to be setup in order to use the printer the way you want. You may need to email me with more details in order for better help.|||When you are connected to the network, users should go to the 鈥楥ontrol Panel鈥?and open 鈥楶rinters and Faxes鈥? A window will appear and click on the 鈥楶rinter鈥?window. Then click on the 鈥楢dd Printer鈥?option in order to start the Add Printer Wizard. Usually the first screen of the Wizard is the welcome screen and in the second screen users should select the type of printer they want to add and click 鈥楴ext鈥? The users should make sure that they enter the right name and path for the printer. When the connection gets established depending upon your network access rights, printer access rights and local installation rights, then the printer gets added to your list.|||Is the wireless turned on to your printer? Should have a blue wireless light on.

No comments:

Post a Comment