Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How long can a Dell laptop run without being connected with its wifi off?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525, and I was wondering if the battery lasts longer with wifi off, and how long it would last. Thank you!|||Your really not going to save hardly any battery life by turning your wifi switch off. I mean if you don't need it on then you better switch it off.|||You will save minimum juice. The real savings is if you don't use it. If you have it on, but just scanning for access points that is not going to draw much energy.





To answer the original question though, you can run a dell laptop without being connected until the battery drains :)|||Yes... it would last longer.





Often times when I am traveling on an airplane I shut off both the bluetooth and wifi features and turn the screens backlight to the lowest setting (also, b/c it is FCC regulation to do so). My Dell laptop contains a 6 cell battery that typically last 4-5 hours on a full charge... and with the 3 settings that I have changed I am able to extend my battery life for almost an additional 2.5 hours





Of course, battery life is hard to predict... I have my DVD running and using headphones to listen to the movie will performing intensive data crunching doing data analytics work... so the answer is:





Yes it extends the battery life but depending on your laptop and what you will be doing with it ... the results will vary.





Hope that helps!|||It depends on your computer model %26amp; wi-fi adapter. Some of them lower the range of frequency when it's near the router. The new ones save 15-40% of the battery. Of course you'd better turn off your wi-fi when your computer is unplugged and you're not working online.

No comments:

Post a Comment