Friday, September 23, 2011

How you boot from a CD to reinstall windows xp on a dell computer?

I recieved a free nonworking dell tower. If you let it try to boot up a windows error message comes up that says: unmountable_boot_volume. I'm trying to boot from a dell cd to reinstall windows but when I boot up and press F8 to get to where I can boot from the cd I don't even get that option. Any suggestions?|||You have to change the boot order in the Bios first. Right after you start the pc, a message should pop up that tells you what key to press for the setup menu. Enter that menu, find the boot order option and then change the order to boot from the CD/DVD drive first. Then select save and exit and restart the pc.|||On the start page read the options, and press that key which says "Change boot device order" then in that menu choose the CD Drive and then when you get the option"Press any key to boot from CD.." just go on..





F8 opens the menu to choose if you want to boot into Safe Mode or Command Prompt..|||this time press f1 or f12 to go to main menu then from there go for it. I hope it does work.

No comments:

Post a Comment