Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do I restore my Dell to factory settings?

Hi! I want to restore my Dell, which has Windows 7 on it, to factory settings. I know usually you'd press f8 on start up, before the Windows 7 logo appears, but I've tried that soo many times, and it doesn't do anything. There's another way to do it, while the computer is actually on, in the Dell support section, or something, but I don't remember where it is.


I'd ask Dell technical support, but it says that right now the queue is closed.





Thanks!|||When all else fails, read the manual!|||When all else fails...Answer the question!





1. Reboot, and press Ctrl + F11 together, at the Dell logo.


2. The Dell PC Restore by Symantec screen will come up.


3. Select "Restore" or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.


4. if you wish to continue, click "Confirm", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.


5. When the utility is finished, click "Finish", or use the Tab key to highlight it and press Enter.





漏 arou42|||If I'm not badly mistaken you will have to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall it.Then it will be like brand new.You should have gotten a disc with all your stuff in the box.Good luck,

No comments:

Post a Comment