Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do I keep my child off Dell my computer?

The password I use on my Dell can be changed when I walk away if I'm already logged on to another username. Why isn't there a way the old password has to be typed in before a new one can be made? He's 18, and no I don't need any parent tips on discipline, this is a computer question. Thanks for any help.|||If your computer can handle it upgrade to Windows XP. It does require the old password.


If Win 98 you don't have many choices. Right click on the desktop, click properties, and go to the screen saver section. click require password. Set your screen saver time lower to where the screen saver will come on after just a few minutes of inactivity, and then click OK. Depending on how computer savvy he is, this should work. By the way, I think if reboot the computer then you can just click cancel to log in to the computer, Windows 98 has pretty poor security.


I would definitely recommend the XP upgrade.|||get him one? idk tell him to stay off?|||When you walk away, get in the habbit of pressint the WindowsKey+L - this will lock your computer and you'll have to login to do anything (Such shutdown, log off, etc...)|||TaKe ThE CoRd Of YouR CPU.. ThE CoRd thAt CoNnEcTs iN The PoWeR SuPplY|||You can just keep it in sleep mode so that need to give password to login again.|||create an account for him and have your own on , while remembering to log off wen finished.


in his account you can restrict his activity on most aspects..|||Have you tried making Windows password protected?|||Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then press K. This will lock your computer, but will still keep you logged on (If you're not finished working on something, for instance).





You will need to enter your password again to use the computer, and bring the things you were working on right back up.|||sell it

No comments:

Post a Comment