Sunday, September 18, 2011

Any ideas on how to effectively reinforce Dell laptop power cord so it doesn't break at the base?

I have noticed that other brands come with reinforcement at the weak points. Why doesn't Dell do this? They probably do like getting $25 a pop everytime I need a new cord!|||This is how I did for my 2 INSPIRONS and 1 Latitude CPi A.Simply CUT the 2 pin power cord then connect the power cable to a proper 3 pin plug.Obtain a high quality 3 pin plug.I RECOMMEND UK/British made or a high Quality American 3 pin plug.The plugs DO NOT disappoint....works perfect|||well you could try wrapping it in some kind of wire(paper clip might do the trick) and secure it with some hot glue.make sure to wrap it around the jack side and work it down to the cord.then cover the wire in hot glue (as neat as you can). Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment