Sunday, September 18, 2011

How do I connect a ipod from a Mac to a Dell without having to refresh and losing my songs on my ipod?

All my songs are on my old Mac. I'm now using my friend's old Dell laptop. When I connect my ipod iTunes says to refresh it. How can I transfer all my songs to the Dell without losing all the songs on my ipod?


P.S. I have no songs on the Dell.|||I think you mean it tells you to restore it.





If you still have the songs on the old Mac, here's what you can do:





Restore your iPod on the Dell. This will make it a Windows (FAT32) formatted iPod. Make sure you check to "Manually Manage Music and Videos."





Connect your iPod to your Mac and put your songs back on. You should now be able to load songs from any computer, Mac or Windows.








Mac formatted iPods (HFS+) can be read my Macs only. That's why you would need to restore to use it on a Windows PC. Windows (FAT32) formatted iPods can be read by both Macs and PCs.|||Put all of your songs on your old mac onto a flash drive or somthing, then put it in the laptop and upload the songs. Try doing what the computer says to do, and if you do somehow lose your music then you get it off of the flash drive for backup.





Or you could take it in to the apple store and they will help you.|||Google iPhoneBrowser. Install it, download all the songs you want off the iPod, then add them to iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment