Saturday, September 10, 2011

I have a dell microsoft office disk. Is there a way to make it work on my non dell computer?

I tried to install the microsoft software from my dell disk, which came with my dell desktop, onto my acer laptop BUT it wont do because it is not a dell computer or laptop. Is there a way that i can get around that so that I can use my software on my laptop? Its my office suite.|||No, what you are trying to do is illegal. The OEM software that you purchased from Dell is now tied to your Dell PC FOR LIFE. You need to purchase a second copy of software for your second PC.





If you want to install office software on your laptop go to this website:





http://www.openoffice.org/





This is a software package called Open Office. It is 100% FREE AND LEGAL. It is maybe 95% compatibly with Microsoft Office and is really easy to install and to use. You just need to remember that when you want to save a file you need to save it in a .DOC, .PPT, or .XLS format from the drop down menu on the save screen.|||The templates are on the same website.

Report Abuse


|||nope dell doesn't allow it.|||it will not allow you to make it on other pcs or laptops

No comments:

Post a Comment